In this article, we are going to discuss steps involved in setting up Linksys RE6400 AC1200 Boost EX Wi-Fi range extender to range extender mode.
We will elaborate on each step involved in the same in an as detailed manner as possible.
But before that let’s have a quick overview of some of the distinctive characteristics of this Linksys RE6400 AC1200 Boost EX Wi-Fi range extender.
Characteristics of Linksys RE6400 range extender
· One of the prime attraction of this range extender is its capability to work as both access point and a range extender. This characteristic makes it very special.
· Dual-band operability i.e., can work in both 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band simultaneously.
· Comes with IEEE 802.11ac standards.
· Have two non-detachable antennas. Provides its user with the advantage of focusing the Wi-Fi signal in any one particular direction.
· Support Spot finding technology which proves to be very helpful while placing range extender at the optimal place.
· Beamforming technology and Cross-band technology also become the center of attraction.
· Have one 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port. Using this port, we can use this range extender in access point mode.
· Capable to boost your Wi-Fi network coverage up to 7500 sq. ft.
These were some of the essential features associated with Linksys RE6400 extender.
From these, we can conclude that Linksys RE6400 Wi-Fi range extender is filled with tons of advantages, which makes this range extender preferred choice among users.
In our article, we are also going to discuss one of these features i.e., how to set up Linksys RE6400 range extender in extender mode.
So let’s begin with our discussion.
But before going for setup, there are certain aspects that you should have to take care of such as
· Workable Wi-Fi connection.
· Make Wi-Fi settings
· Powering on Linksys RE6400 Wi-Fi range extender.
Once you had ensured the same, then you can proceed for the setup process.
Steps associated with setting up Linksys RE6400 AC1200 Wi-Fi range extender are as listed below:
The first step remains the same in case of all extenders, and that is to power on the device. Same is the case with Linksys range extender.
Then you will be required to take a device using which you will go for setting up Linksys range extender. It can be a computer, tablet, laptop, or any other device which you desire.
But in our case, we are taking it to be a computer.
Then connect this computer with your Linksys extender network.
For this, you will be required to select a network named as Linksys Extender Setup-xxx, where xxx stands for the last three characters of RE6400 range extender’s MAC address.
To know the same, you can refer to label present on the back of the extender.
Once you are connected with extender’s network, then open up the web browser and enter http://extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
Then Click on Start Setup.
Then you will be asked to select whether you want to install RE6400 range extender as a range extender or as an access point.
As we are setting up RE6400 AC1200 as a wireless range extender so here selects As a wireless range extender option. Once done with that, then click on Next.
Once done with that, then you will get the list of available Wi-Fi networks. Here select network named as Linksys as shown below.
Then enter the password.
After that, click on Next.
Then you will be landed on the page where you can configure RE6400 extender.
Hereafter making adequate settings click on Next.
Then spot finder will Figure out whether your Linksys range extender is placed at the right position or not. If it says that location is Just right, then click on Next.
But if in case it says that RE6400 extender is too close or too far then you will be required to unplug and relocate it and after that, start from Step 1.
Then you will be asked to create an admin password so that your Linksys RE6400 range extender’s network can be secured.
At last click on Save.
This last screen signifies that your Linksys RE6400 range extender has been set up in Range extender mode.
Now you can enjoy uninterrupted extender network throughout your vicinity.