All about: Linksys WAP300 N300 Dual-Band Wireless Access Point
A well-known brand in the field of Wireless Networking, Linksys WAP300N is one of the best among all the other products. Wap300N Dual-Band Wireless Device is 4 in 1 device which is profound in working as
- Access Point
- Media Connector
- Range Extender
Anyone who is new to this ground of networking can still understand the exclusiveness of the product without giving a second chance. This exclusive property of the device to work in all the four modes makes it just the most desirable device.
The Device supports wireless N speeds of up to 300 Mbps and with some selected connection and is capable to work in the dual band that are 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. The device also comes with detachable antennas, making it furthermore strong in delivering signals as per the requirement.
Features / Specification of Wireless WAP300N Router:
|Model Name||Linksys WAP300N|
|Network Standards||IEEE 802.11b; IEEE 802.11a; IEEE 802.11g; IEEE 802.11n|
|Radio Frequency Bands||2.4 & 5Ghz|
|Ports||1x 10/100 Ethernet, Power|
|LEDs||Power, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, Ethernet, Wireless|
|Buttons||Wi-Fi Protected Setup, Reset, Power (European Models only)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104 F (0 to 40 C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140 F (-20 to 60 C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 80% Noncondensing|
|Max. Link Rate||300 Mbps|
|Platform Compatibility||Windows XP 32/64; Windows Vista 32/64; Windows 7 32/64; Windows 8 32/64; Windows 8.1 32/64; Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard; Mac OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard; Mac OS X 10.7 Lion; Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion; Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks|
Setup of Linksys WAP300N
Through the web interface:
- Open your browser
- Open the router Interface or Application on the system.
- Click on the ADMINISTRATION tab and then select the tab FACTORY DEFAULTS.
- On the page of FACTORY DEFAULTS, click on the button labeled as RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS
- You are all set to go further.
2. With the Reset Button:
- Turn on the Wireless device.
- Please press the RESET BUTTON for at least 15 seconds till the power light comes up.
- As soon as the power light becomes solid, remove the power from the router and wait for 30 seconds
- Plug the power cable back in the router and press the ON Button.
- As soon as the power light becomes solid again, the device is ready to use.
Firmware allows the devices to remain up-to-date to provide the service better and efficiently. Considering the open source Firmware like
One of the existing firmware for Linksys WAP300N is
- Linksys Stock Firmware for the WAP300N
This firmware is always available in the download section of Linksys Official Support Page. Just look for the firmware by input of the Device no (EG. WAP300N). You can also go for Router’s User Manual for the instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.
Default Factory Setting of Linksys WAP300N:
Doing the default setting is useful when you have already performed the RESET process, try to use the following settings to access it without any hassle.
- DEFAULT GATEWAY IP: 10.100.1.1
- DEFAULT PASSWORD: admin
- DEFAULT SUBNET MASK:255.255.255.0
- DEFAULT DNS SERVER: 10.100.1.1
Working of Linksys WAP300N with all the four Different Modes:
The device has a special set of FEATURES that it provides to make it one of the best device in the market of NETWORKING and ROUTERS. We will further consider all the four features and how to set up the device in easy steps to make it all handy and possible.
1. Access Point Mode:
The following are some of the functionality we can achieve by providing the Wi-Fi Access Point:
- Extend the home network
- Reduce dead spots in the network by adding wired capability
- Greater reach and flexibility by connecting along with Power Line Adapter
Setting the Linksys WAP300N Access Point to Access point mode:
- Connect the router device to the computer system using Ethernet Cable.
- Access the WAP300N web page by opening the browser and using the IP 10.100.1.1 in the address bar.
- As soon as you are on the web page of the router, go to the setup tab and click on the Operation mode.
- Select Access Point and then Save settings.
You will now be able to setup the Linksys WAP300N Access Point Mode.
2. Range Extender Mode:
The WAP300N device is configured to work as a range extender. This functionality is always the best use in increasing the range of the existing connection and removing the dead spots if any. To set up a range extender mode, follow these simple steps:
- Access the Linksys Web-based setup page as described above
- Next, go to the setup tab and click on Operation Mode sub tab
- Select the option for WIRELESS RANGE EXTENDER
- Click on the button for SAVE SETTINGs.
You will now be able to setup the Linksys WAP300N Range Extender Mode.
3. Bridge Mode:
The Linksys Wireless WAP300N Dual Band device can work in 4 modes and one of them is Bridge mode which enhances the following capability of the device:
- Requires two or more WAP300N to operate
- Enhances the security between two or more devices within the network by connecting it all to one device
- Sharing of Data becomes really easy.
Steps to setup the Bridge Mode are:
- Access the Linksys WAP300N web-based page using the default IP address same as above 10.100.1.1. Type this in the address bar of the browser and hit enter.
- Click Setup and then go to the Operation Mode
- Select the WIRELESS BRIDGE option
- Click on SAVE SETTINGS and wait for the setup to get over. As soon as the process is completed, the WAP300N wireless bridge Setup Page will be displayed.
- Now for connecting other devices, get their Local IP’s
- Click on the Wireless button and then on BASIC WIRELESS SETTINGS
- Enter the Local IP addresses of the devices individually to get started.
Using the device as in the Media Connector Mode, it’s always beneficial to establish an easy connection with the media players, DVR’s Smart TV’s or other storage devices with Bluetooth enabled to function.
For easy setup of the Media Connector Mode, follow the steps given below:
- Access Linksys WAP300N Device web-based page by opening the browser and enter the IP 10.100.1.1 in the address bar.
- Click on the SETUP button
- Proceed to click on the Operation Mode
- Choose the option WIRELESS MEDIA CONNECTOR
- Click save settings and you are all set to use the device for other Storage media
With all these exclusive features of the device, the WIRELESS Router can be used to create a whole new network at your required area which has to be the safest network for any work or transactions. Easy upgrades and Dual Band Network allows you to perform all the process at 3X speed or more. Using this brings in the opportunity to easily connect all your home network device to work in SYNC with each other. Use it and You will believe it.