For setting up a Linksys WRT54G wireless router into two steps.
1. Plug the Ethernet cable from your cable or DSL modem into the Internet port on the router.
2. Connect computers to the Ethernet ports on the router.
3. Plug in the router's power adapter and wait a few minutes while the system starts. You now have Internet connectivity on your wired computers.
4. Enter 192.168.1.1 in address bar in any Web browser and login with user name and password. After Pick a name — SSID — for your wireless network and click Save Settings and then Continue.
5. Open the Wireless Security tab. Set the security mode to WPA2 Personal and enter a password and Click Save Settings, and your wireless network is ready for use.