How to setup new range extender Linksys RE6700 ac1200 amplify dual-band in extender mode?
Linksys RE6700 ac1200 amplify dual-band Wi-Fi range extender is capable to work in both access point mode and extender mode. In this article our focus will be entirely on setting up Linksys RE6700 range extender in extender mode. We hope this article will prove beneficial for all those who are troubling to know how to setup Linksys RE6700 Wi-Fi range extender in extender mode. We had to elaborate on each aspect in as much depth as possible. But in case user still find any difficulty in installing Linksys range extender Re6700 in extender mode, then he/she is advised to kindly visit Linksys’s official website for technical assistance.
What are various steps involved in setting up Linksys RE6700 Wi-Fi range extender in Extender mode? What are various advantages associated with Linksys Wi-Fi range extender RE6700 ac1200 amplify dual-band ?
Various steps to be follow while installing Linksys Wi-Fi range extender ac1200 amplify dual-band re6700 are as listed below. User is requested to kindly follow these steps holistically to avoid unwanted hiccups in installation process.
- Put your Linksys RE6700 on power, wait until power LED status turns to stable.
- With the help of any of any Wi-Fi device such as laptop, tablet etc., do connect with your Linksys RE6700 Wi-Fi range extender. For this do go to Wi-Fi network setting of your device and here select Linksys extender’s default network name which is Linksys Extender Setup-xxx. Here xxx stands for last three characters of RE6700 range extender’s MAC address. To get to know about MAC address of RE6700 range extender, do locate label present at back of range extender.
- Then launch any web browser of your choice. Here in the address bar write http://extender.linksys.com default setup page. You can also use default IP address 192.168.1.1 instead of http://extender.linksys.com
- Click on Start Setup Bar to launch Linksys range extender setup.
- Now you will be provided with option that whether to install Linksys RE6700 range extender in extender mode or in access point mode. By default, extender mode will be selected. SO you need to do nothing here. Just click on Next.
- Now select your Wi-Fi network name.
- After that you will be asked to enter password of your network. After entering the same hit enter.
- After this you will be provided option to configure extended wireless network as per your desire and requirement. After completing that click on Next.
- After this Spot Finder will be opened up to testify that whether your range extender is placed at right place. In case it is not, then with the help of spot finder you can easily find optimum place for it and restart configuration process from first step. But in case it is at right position click Next.
- Then you will be asked to create admin password for your Linksys RE6700 range extender.
- At last click on Save button so that all changes that you had made get saved an applied.
That’s it your new Linksys RE6700 ac1200 amplify dual-band Wi-Fi range extender is configured to work in extender mode.