What do you mean by http://extender.linksys.com?
In this era of internet, if you are troubling with issue of internet connectivity then WiFi extenders had come as life saver for you. Reason for the same is their ability to eliminate dead spots from your existing network. They are mainly an amplifying devices, which are designed to amplify the incoming signal from your router and send this amplified signal throughout the network. Because of this amplification, signal strength will increase, due to which WiFi signal will become capable to reach even the furthest point in your network. In such a way they help in removing menace of dead spots from your network. Thus you are highly recommended that if you are facing internet connectivity issue because of dead spots then possible solution for you lies in installing Linksys WiFi range extender in your extender. Best part about these WiFi range extenders is that they are compatible with all routers. So while installing Linksys range extender in your network, you need not to change any already installed device such as router or switch. Other benefit includes high ease of management of these Linksys range extenders. You can easily manage Linksys WiFi range extender using default http://extender.linksys.com login access.
http://extender.linksys.com webpage is also used for new Linksys WiFi range extender setup, process of which is explained in more elaborative manner as below.
How to access Linksys Extender Setup Page with the help of http://extender.linksys.com Login?
As stated in the above section also, we can use http://extender.linksys.com for setting up new Linksys WiFi range extender. But for this firstly we will need to login page of Linksys extender. But this will only be possible after we had been login into http://extender.linksys.com webpage. Various steps involved while http://extender.linksys.com login are as stated below:
- Firstly you will need to put your Linksys range extender on power. The time up to which your device is not in up state, you will not be able to login into it. Wait until the power LED on your extender gets stable.
- Then you have to establish connection between your Linksys extender and any device through which you are going to install Linksys range extender. For this you can use Ethernet cable and connect it at Ethernet port of your device and extender.
- Then open web browser on the device. By default you will be prompted to http://extender.linksys.com web page. If in case you do not, then do enter http://extender.linksys.com in the address bar of your web browser or you can also enter 192.168.1.1.It is default IP address assigned to http://extender.linksys.com setup page.
- Here you will be asked to enter Linksys WiFi range extender login credentials i.e. Username and Password. Leave the Username column as blank and in Password column enter admin. By using these default credentials you will be able to login into http://extender.linksys.com setup wizard. But in case you are not setting up Linksys range extender for the first time and had assigned any other Username and Password, then you have to enter that username and password here.
Can http://extender.linksys.com setup page be used for all Linksys WiFi extenders?
By http://extender.linksys.com access you will be able to install RE6700, RE7000, RE6800, RE9000, RE6500HG, RE6350, RE6400, RE4000W, RE4100W, RE6250, RE6300, RE2000, RE3000W Linksys WiFi range extenders. http://extender.linksys.com is not normal web page but local webpage of Linksys, which is specially designed as platform to provide management as well as setup option for user.
Setup Linksys range extender using http://extender.linksys.com setup page
Linksys range extender provides user an option to follow any one method among two methods which can be used to install Linksys WiFi range extender in your setup. Both of these methods are listed below. You are requested to follow these steps religiously so that to avoid unwanted hiccups in installation process. But in case you still feel any sort of problem while installing new Linksys range extender then you are humbly requested to contact on Linksys’s official website. Otherwise we had tried our level best to explain each step involved in installation process in most elaborative method.
First method involve manual method. In this method you have to establish wired connection among your extender (which you are going to install) and network router (router which is already installed in your network). That is the main reason for calling this method as manual method. Various steps involved in this method are as listed below:
- First thing comes first. That means firstly it is required to bring your extender in up state. For this you have to put your Linksys range extender on power outlet. Please ensure that uninterrupted power supply comes to your extender.
- Then do connect your Linksys WiFi range extender with any WiFi device, through which you want to install your extender.
- Now launch web browser on your device. You can use any web browser that you desire. Here you have to enter http://extender.linksys.com in address bar. You can also use IP address 192.168.1.1, which is assigned to this web page.
- Pop up screen will come, which will ask you to enter username and password to get login into http://extender.linksys.com webpage. In case you are installing Linksys extender for the first time then here you have to enter default username and password i.e leave username column empty and in password column enter admin, otherwise do enter the username and password which you had already assigned.
- By hitting on Log in, you will be prompted into Linksys WiFi range extender setup wizard.
- In this setup page, you have to select Wireless. Under it do select Basic Wireless Settings.
- Then you have to select among Wi-Fi Protected setup or Manual setup. Do Select Manual. Under it a column will appear asking you to enter Network name. In this column you have to enter your router’s SSID.
- Under Wireless Security section, you have to select those security settings which are compatible with our network router. Here you are required to enter Passphrase/WEP key. After that do click on Save setting option.
- That’s it. Your Linksys range extender stands to be installed using http://extedner.linksys.com; login page.
- Now unplug both your router and Linksys extender. Then firstly put your router on power. Once all lights on router gets stable then put your range extender on power and use it in way you want.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) method
For installing Linksys range extender in WPS mode, you can follow any one method among two. That is either you can follow WPS method by physically pressing WPS button on Linksys range extender or you can log into web-based setup page i.e http://extender.linksys.com and can choose among three methods available to you through web interface. Both of these methods are elaborated below:
1) Through physically pressing WPS button: -
In this method all you have to do is to press WPS button on your Linksys WiFi range extender and after a while press WPS button on your router. By just doing that your Linksys range extender and network router will be synced. Thus you can place it wherever you want and enjoy the internet connectivity.
2) With the help of http://extedner.linksys.com web interface:-
Under this method you will have three options. You can choose any one among them. These are:
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup button: - For this firstly do connect with your range extender though any device, by either wired or Wi-Fi connection. After that launch http://extender.linksys.com setup page. Then login http://extender.linksys.com setup wizard. After login go to Wireless. Under it go to basic Wireless Settings. There you will be provided option to choose among Wi-Fi protected Setup or Manual setup. Select Wi-Fi Protected setup. Then you have to follow the direction given under first option, which will say to press WPS button on client device and then hit on image shown on right.
- Second method includes entering PIN number of client device. After entering the same hit on register button.
- Third and last method is entering PIN number as shown on your client device.
This shows how easy it is to install your new Linksys Wi-Fi range extender using WPS method. This is the reason why users preferably follow WPS method while installing their extender.